Wednesday 17 December 2014

My Style: Cold But Gold
 by Ellie

Clothes with sequins that fall off after 15 seconds, heels higher than Mount Everest, and that legendary dress that looks oh so great, but... you can’t eat in it because if you did, you'd most likely explode. Uh, no, thanks. I’m just too lazy to wear that stuff. Instead, I fight my own little battle every morning to find something that is comfy and nice at the same time. The result?



Here it is. Nothing special, I know, but it really does work as an effortless everyday look. The cardigan is the statement piece, it rules the outfit. It’s bright and big and has an extremely interesting texture. The best thing? I can wrap myself in it like a burrito when I’m cold!

The colors somehow remind me of Christmas, and I’m thinking of wearing it for the family lunch on the 25th (no sequins and tight dresses for Christmas either!).


The real problems start when you have to go out and face the cold and dark winter world. Is there a way to make it less painful? Well, I like to follow this simple rule: More is more, and less is a bore! So I pick two or three crazy statement pieces and wear them together!

The essential one: my mom’s fur coat. Without it, I certainly wouldn’t be able to step out of the apartment. (I’m dying to have a faux fur coat in some crazy colour… Maybe pink and orange? It would look so good.)

Accessories are important as well. This metallic backpack is certainly the coolest bag I have. It makes a huge difference and can transform an outfit from basic to awesome!

And sunglasses, of course. Mirrored, to match the backpack (sort of). I’m one of those people whose face changes completely when they wear sunglasses. In my case it’s for the better! So why not? Sunnies are not only for Summer days!

Until next time, everyone! Stay warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment