Tuesday 3 March 2015

A Little About Me
 by Jade


My name is Jade, although my boyfriend calls me Gabby – simply because we met online and I didn’t want to give him my real name in case he was a crazy person! I work as a content editor for an amazing digital marketing company by day, writing blog posts and features for leading websites. By night, I post on my blog, plan and attempt to write my book, research vampire fiction for my theoretical book based on my  university dissertation, and try to squeeze in lots of gaming in between. Before my current job, I was the Editor for three trade magazines.


I live with my boyfriend in a snug rented flat filled with books, DVDs, games, framed photos of everyone I love and lots of quirky collectable items. I fill my spare time with writing, occasional drawing, fawning over houses on Pinterest, doing yoga, eating Nutella straight out of the pot, wishing I lived by the seaside, and playing games. I visit my Mum and Dad every Friday evening for dinner and a catch-up – I don’t really know what I’d do without them.

I enjoy reading graphic novels and at the moment have a real love for Harley Quinn. I love to cosplay and create my own costumes from scratch. Halloween is my favourite time of year. I love tattoos and am planning more for myself.

I studied English at the University of Northampton and have been writing fiction since I was a little girl, when my Grandma would fold up pieces of printer paper into a book and give me a prompt for a story. I would sit working on my little masterpiece – with pictures, of course – as she sat drinking tea from one of her favourite white china cups and worked on her novel. I miss her every day and my goal is to achieve something that she sadly never did – to have a book published.

No comments:

Post a Comment