Thursday 9 October 2014

Lazy Girl Curls
 by Alice


When it comes to hair, I can be pretty damn lazy. I think my problem stems from having a pixie crop for a large proportion of my life. I used to get up, run my fingers through my hair, and within minutes I was ready to rumble.

Nowadays, it just takes far too long to deal with all this hair that I've accumulated. I value sleep far too much to get up any earlier to make my hair look pretty. I usually shove it in a ponytail and that's that.

So, I wondered... what would I have to do to get pretty hair without all the effort? No hair straighteners, no curling tongs, no faffing about with fifty different products, no getting up early... Sounds like a dream doesn't it?

After watching several YouTube videos and some serious experimentation, my dream became a reality! And I'm going to let you in on the secret...

ONE.
It's time for bed! That's right... to make your hair Disney Princess-worthy, all you need to do is put in 5 minutes (at the very most) of effort before you hit the pillow. So, let's assemble our instruments. You will need: a stretchy headband made from jersey fabric, a comb or brush, and either some detangling spray, leave in conditioner or just plain water!

TWO.
Spritz the ends of your hair lightly with your chosen product (I use children's detangling spray because it's cheap, makes my hair soft, and gets rid of the ridiculous number of knots I get in my hair) and comb through.

THREE.
Place the headband around your head so that you look like a tennis player.

FOUR.
Grab a section of hair (about an inch wide) from one side of your face. Feed it under the headband, as demonstrated in the picture above. 

FIVE
Continue to wrap your hair around the band in the same manner, adding a little extra hair each time, until you reach the middle of your head and all the hair from that side of your head is wrapped around the band. It doesn't even need to be neat!

SIX
Repeat on the other side! Tuck any stray hairs into the band as best as you can. You can use a couple of hair pins if you need to, but it doesn't matter at all if there's a little hair sticking out.  

SEVEN
Let the magic happen! Go to bed and catch some z's (or read The Wizard of Oz).

EIGHT
Rise and shine! Hit the snooze button if you like, because you don't have to spend any more than five minutes doing your hair this morning! Gently remove the headband, and give your hair a good shake and comb through with your fingers. Voilá! Effort free curls and no one need know how lazy you really are! I sometimes like to add a little dry shampoo at the roots for some added texture and about a pea sized amount of coconut oil through the ends. You could use a quick spritz of hairspray if you feel like you need a bit of extra hold, but I quite like to let my curls loosen and soften throughout the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment