Friday 3 October 2014

A Little About Me
 by Alice


Every month, we will do a short feature on one of our regular contributors. It's only right that you get acquainted with our growing team!

For our first issue, I would like to introduce.... myself! I spoke to you all briefly in this month's "Letter from the Editor", but here is just a little about me...


I'm a twenty-three year old freelance writer who lives in a tiny, little village on the edge of Hampshire. Just over a year ago, I graduated from Southampton Solent University with a degree in English and Screenwriting. I now have a fancy certificate to prove that I spent three years of my life reading a lot of lovely books, and writing several movie scripts and ludicrously long essays.

I currently spend my days completing various different writing projects for a variety of different companies and publications, reading books, blogs and magazines, planning my ideal house on Pinterest, rewatching and rewatching The Office US on Netflix, and hanging out with my slightly dim greyhound. I have the pleasure of spending my weekends with my boyfriend, Benjamin, who has a fancy grown-up job in London. 

I stand by the fact that I should have been born French and I should have lived in the 1960s. I would have worn the miniest of mini skirts, the prettiest of peter pan collars, had hair like Brigitte Bardot, and I obviously would have dated Mick Jagger. Here in the 21st century, I make do by attempting winged eyeliner on a daily basis and wearing breton striped tops.

I'm an animal lover, and a vegetarian who loves the smell of bacon. If it wasn't so depressingly unhealthy, I would live on pizza and pizza alone. Instead, I attempt to live a relatively healthy lifestyle (but often fail miserably). 

I look forward to sharing articles of a variety of different topics with you in the future, including film, books, music, style and perhaps even some DIY tutorials (and by that, I certainly do not mean anything involving a hammer, nails or screwdriver). 

Feel free to follow me over on Twitter! I hope to speak to you all soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment